What We Believe
at Oak Harbor
Deeply Rooted in Christ
The Oak Harbor Church of the Nazarene is a protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Organized in 1925, we are part of a denomination that is home to 2.6 million members worshipping in more than 30,000 local congregations in 162 world areas. Come join us!
- In one God–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living
- That humans are born with a fallen nature and are inclined to evil, and that continually
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race
- That whoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified, reborn, and saved from a life of sin
- That believers are freed from sin’s dominion and their own inclination to evil through faith in Jesus Christ
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to this new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.